Purchasing a new service package can often be nerve-wracking, especially when there is this constant fear that extra fees may lurk just round the corner. However, don’t fret for this article brings all the inside info you need to understand and circumvent the hidden fees of DIRECTV Satellite. From the annual contract to buying internet equipment to service cancellation costs, the article is meant to give a clearer look into the various options before signing up for DIRECTV.
- 0.1 DIRECTV – The Service that You Don’t Want to Miss!
- 0.2 Let’s Begin With The Basics: How Much Does DIRECTV Costs Per Month?
- 1 DIRECTV’s Price Tag: The Real Costs
DIRECTV – The Service that You Don’t Want to Miss!
Unlike other TV providers in the U.S., DIRECTV does not offer or own an internet service facility. However, customers can always pair with AT&T internet. Even though both the providers are separate now and work as two different business entities, this is one of the most popular options that one can opt for! However, that said, it is important to remember that one shouldn’t expect a discount when bundling the two providers together. Nonetheless, customers residing in AT&T-friendly zones should consider bundling DIRECTV with AT&T and bundle to get optimum benefits.
For the most part, customers don’t have to worry about DIRECTV’s hidden fees every other month. While it’s clear that monthly taxes are determined by the customer’s location, followed by the regional sports fee, that’s charged by DIRECTV, regardless one watches sports or not. However, there are a lot of areas where DIRECTV charges, that one must know before purchasing this service.
Let’s Begin With The Basics: How Much Does DIRECTV Costs Per Month?
DIRECTV requires customers to sign up for a two-year service contract, where the payment per month is considerably cheaper in the initial year. However, it rises unexpectedly by a good 30 percent or even more within the second year. Nonetheless, DIRECTV does throw in a freebie to soothe customers, that’s usually a great bonus!
Here’s what one should expect:
- The current season of NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX – is free for an entire year if customers sign up for the CHOICETM package and consider going higher
- Free access to CINEMAX®, SHOWTIME®, HBO MAXTM, STARZ®, and EPIX® for the first three months, if customers sign up for the ENTERTAINMENT package and consider going higher
A Word of Caution: It’s better to cancel these offers before the promo period ends, otherwise the monthly charges of DIRECTV will instantly shoot up!
DIRECTV’s Price Tag: The Real Costs
The monthly cost of DIRECTV packages does go up during the second service year. What’s more, customers with any kind of promotional deals on their accounts should cancel similar offers before opting for the auto-renewal option of the service.
DIRECTV’s Pricing for Premium Channels:
- The DIRECTV ENTERTAINMENT package with 160+ channels comes with a contract price of $74.99 per month, which is for the first year only. The price hike expected after the first year is $107.00 per month
- The DIRECTV CHOICE™ package with 185+ channels comes with a contract price of $79.99 per month, which is for the first year only. The price hike expected after the first year is $129.00 per month
- The DIRECTV ULTIMATE package with 250+ channels comes with a contract price of $99.99 per month, which is for the first year only. The price hike expected after the first year is $159.00 per month
- The DIRECTV PREMIER™ package with 330+ channels comes with a contract price of $149.99 per month, which is for the first year only. The price hike expected after the first year is $214.00 per month
The auto-renew charges for DIRECTV’s current promotions
- HBO Max is charged at $14.99 per month after the free period of three months gets over
- STARZ®, CINEMAX®, SHOWTIME®, and EPIX® are charged $38.96 every month after the free period of three months gets over
- NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX is charged at $395.94 annually after the free season gets over
All Hidden Charges – Up Close
Here is a list of hidden areas that require customers to pay:
- The TV Access is charged $7 per receiver and aims to connect every receiver
- Easy access to local sports networks costs a fee of $11.99 per month
- Late bill payments cost about $6.25 per month
- Customers going on vacation or are prone to travel for long periods like 6 months can put their current bundle on hold. This costs about $7 per month
- Customers who have placed their current service account under the ‘minimum service status’ because they are unable to clear their dues have to pay $9.99 per month.
- Customers have to pay a fee of $20.00 every time service is restored to normal.
- Customers need to pay a dispatch fee of $99 every time technical assistance is dispatched for any requested repair(s).
Equipment-Related Charges You Need to Know
Besides the hidden charges mentioned above, customers are also expected to pay fees for installation and equipment. New subscribers who may not be aware of all such hidden charges are advised to visit the website or call up the service center and ask upfront.
Service Activation Fee + Equipment Charges for DIRECTV devices
Satellite dish installation is done by a DIRECTV professional, which is fortunately not charged. However, service activation is $19.95. All fees are waived off for orders placed online. There are no extra charges for DVR. Genie DVR lease + service activation fee is included in all DIRECTV plans.
In case, there is more than one TV, the additional Genie Mini/Genie Mini Wireless receiver costs $7 every month. Customers interested in wireless can try out Genie 2. Paired with one Genie Mini Wireless, this is also part of the package that the subscriber selected and is free. However, there’s a one-time fee for setting up the wireless for $99 only. Genie 2 is available in select locations only.
Returning DIRECTV Equipment
If a subscriber cancels their DIRECTV service, they have to return all equipment. Those subscribers, who are not able to return their equipment to DIRECTV, have to pay a fee of $45 to $135, depending on the satellite service device. However, in most cases, subscribers promptly return all equipment or request customer service to guide them with the method.
Well, there you have it. New subscribers are always recommended to check with the nitty-gritty before signing up with any service provider, including DIRECTV. While the article states some of the common hidden charges, for more information, call up DIRECTV customer service and ask for related charges.
What Is a Basic Industry?
Adult Diapers: Which Are The Most Absorbent?
How Paraphrasing Can Help You in Writing Academic Documentation?
How To Use a POS System for Your Business
How to Choose the Best Designer Plastic Chairs – Customized sized and Qualities
com.sec.android.daemonapp What is it
What is NativeDropBoxAgent and how to remove it?
What is ConfigAPK App and How to Remove It?
What is Misc.files in Android?
SCPM Client What is It
Software5 months ago
A Guide For Better Cybersecurity & Data Protection For Your Devices
Latest News5 months ago
Soap2day Similar Sites And Alternatives To Watch Free Movies
Android4 months ago
What Is content://com.android.browser.home/ All About? Set Up content com android browser home
Android App11 months ago
Cqatest App What is It
Android App6 months ago
What is OMACP And How To Remove It? Easy Guide OMACP 2022
Business4 months ago
Know Your Business (KYB) Process – Critical Component For Partnerships
Blog4 months ago
MyCSULB: Login to CSULB Student and Employee Portal
Entertainment7 months ago
Benefits of Playing Ludo on a Digital Platform