When looking for a job, the majority of employers may look for more than your resume and cover letter. These are called “supporting documentation”. Knowing what these documents are can help you prepare beforehand and avoid cramming while trying to figure out what these documents are and how to prepare them.
Why do employers ask for supporting documentation?
Supporting documentation helps employers evaluate applications and determine which candidate is best fitted for the job. For example, requesting writing samples from candidates can help employers evaluate the quality of your work and decide if you are qualified for the job. It can also help them see whether or not applicants can follow instructions.
List of supporting documentation:
Here are some of the supporting documentation the company might ask you to prepare.
- A resume is a document containing a list of your work experience and skills. It is usually created by a person looking for a new job. Resumes should also include your contact number. You can always look for some examples of resumes on the web for guidance.
- Cover letter
- A cover letter is a letter of introduction to your and your background. It usually accompanies another document like a resume. Its purpose is to inform your employer that you are interested in a position in their company. Unlike a resume that’s factual and brief and whose purpose is to provide a list of your professional experience, a cover letter’s main purpose, however, is to convince the employer why you’re the best person for the job and why they should hire you out of all the applicants.
- Reference list
- A reference list contains all the sources cited in the text. It is usually arranged alphabetically by the author. If your reference does not contain an author then it is cited alphabetically by title. It is commonly placed at the end of work.
- Letter of recommendation
- A letter of recommendation is a letter from a professional in your network recommending you for a job or position. It is a testament on behalf of the author that you possess the necessary skills, experience, and potential to be successful in the job you’re applying for. This letter validates your work, skills, or academic performance.
The letter should include the name of the person recommending you, and their connection with you. It should also include the reason why they think you are qualified for the job and the skills you possess that can make you successful in the job you are seeking.
- An official transcript is basically a copy of your permanent academic record. It is a list that contains all the courses you took, the dates you attended and finished school, your major, degree, and cumulative GPA (grade point average).
The majority of the employers require a more official document, however, students can access an unofficial transcript in their school’s online portal.
- A portfolio is a showcase of your talents and skills. Things like certificates and samples of past work. Letters of recommendation and transcript are also included here.
- Writing samples
- Writing samples like essays, articles, and the like, are usually requested by employers if you’re applying for a job that requires a lot of writing. Some examples of these jobs are journalism, marketing, and research.
Most employers only ask for your resume and cover letter, however, some ask for supporting documents like the ones stated above. There is always a purpose as to why employers request these types of documents, so if your employer asks you for supporting documents, make sure to comply for you to get a better chance of getting the job.
What features should you look out for when booking a coworking space?
Cryptocurrency Mining Profitability: A Reality Check
What Is Intercom And Why You Need It
Selling Your Car: Do I Need to Replace Any Parts?
Use Employee Management Software to Boost Your Team’s Efficiency
Automotive Die Casting Lubricants Market Report 2022, Size, Share & Forecast Till 2027
The Translation Platform | Your Site Crosses Borders
Finding a tourism web editor: why is it essential and how to find the right one?
What Does Making Tax Digital Means For Small Businesses In The UK?
Why Are Multi Services Gojek Clone Apps Getting More Boost in Recent Times?
Software7 months ago
A Guide For Better Cybersecurity & Data Protection For Your Devices
Android6 months ago
What Is content://com.android.browser.home/ All About? Set Up content com android browser home
Latest News7 months ago
Soap2day Similar Sites And Alternatives To Watch Free Movies
Android App1 year ago
Cqatest App What is It
Android App8 months ago
What is OMACP And How To Remove It? Easy Guide OMACP 2022
Blog6 months ago
MyCSULB: Login to CSULB Student and Employee Portal
Business6 months ago
Know Your Business (KYB) Process – Critical Component For Partnerships
Entertainment9 months ago
Benefits of Playing Ludo on a Digital Platform